Manages the coordination of all the functions and activities in the department including, but not limited to, front-end customer service; accurate patient registration in the approved organization, electronic scheduling and billing systems; on-site insurance verification; and financial counseling. The person in this position supervises and directs the maintenance and ongoing monitoring of the patient health record in department. Maintains daily deposit records. The person in this position is responsible for directing, organizing, planning, and supervising the activities of personnel engaged in Student Health activities, including those related to all revenue cycle-related activities. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Three to five years of experience in a customer service environment required; medical/clinical office experience preferred.
- Personnel management experience, as well as financial management, preferred.
- Experience with computerized registration systems.
- Knowledge of Windows, WP, Excel, and Access.
- Extensive knowledge of third-party carrier billing environment.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce reports/data in an accurate and timely manner and to effectively meet deadlines.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to instruct staff with tact and diplomacy and report deficiencies to supervisory personnel in a similar fashion.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.