Administers the department’s clinical operations on Massachusetts Avenue. Responsible for financial performance, personnel, facilities, services, provider-payer relations, coordination with the university, and planning and development of new services for the department. The practice will be developed following the concepts of team-based care with a goal of creating this as a model patient-centered medical home. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BS degree in Healthcare/Business Administration or related field.
- Three to five years of directly related management experience preferred in a medical practice.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office procedures, practices and equipment.
- Good knowledge of (instructional) accounting principles and practices.
- Background in terminology of the department is desirable.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan, assign and review work and supervise.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects at a time.
- The ideal candidate is patient-centered, outcome-driven and active in creating an ideal care environment.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.