Department of Medicine
Full Time, Days
Directs and manages fellowship programs in the Department of Medicine (directly responsible for Hematology/Oncology, Palliative Care, Pulmonary/Critical Care, and Rheumatology; coordinates all others). This individual serves as an advisor and consultant to the Chair; Vice-Chair, Administration and Planning; Vice-Chair, Education; and program directors and their administrative contacts for the Department of Medicine with the management and operational aspects of their fellowship programs. Monitors the status of all current administrative issues related to GME, and provides follow-up on behalf of the Vice-Chair as requested. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Master's degree preferred in field related to education or healthcare administration.
- Minimum of one to two years of experience, preferably in an academic medical setting.
- Prefer experience with educational program (particularly GME and CME).
- Excellent oral communication, writing and organizational skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification systems in graduate and continuing medical education.
- Ability to serve as a resource person, resolve administrative problems and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to plan, organize and execute a plan.
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware, including packages for word processing, database, desktop publishing, statistical programs, and communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Fellow, Fellowship, Education, Manager, Management, Executive, Administrator, MBA, Master's, Business Administration, MHA, Healthcare Administration, Operations, Finance, Personnel
Administrator III | Obstetrics / Gynecology Administration | Full Time, Days | Job #32532
Executive Director, Oncology Services | Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center | Full Time, Days | Job #32352
Administrator II | Plastic Surgery at MedStar Washington Hospital Center | Full Time, 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday | MedStar Washington Hospital Center | Job #32114
Hospitalist / Assistant Director - Hospital Medicine | Hospital Medicine - Southern Maryland | Full Time | MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center | Job #32138
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neuroscience Specialty Unit | Full Time | Job #18852
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511