Performs all administrative and secretarial duties related to the responsibilities of the Director of Health Information Management (HIM) and the management/supervisory staff of HIM. Performs merges on all duplicate medical record numbers. Verifies discharge dates for insurance companies. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- AA degree required. Completion of secretarial or business program preferred.
- Three years of comparable administrative experience required. Experience as an administrative assistant preferred.
- Good knowledge of modern clerical and office methods and practices.
- Good knowledge of the principles and practices of modern administration.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement departmental clerical functions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Computer, typing, shorthand, and/or use of transcription equipment may be required.
- Basic mathematical skills; ability to calculate payroll for large numbers of staff and monitor budgets.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of persons.
- Ability to use spreadsheet computer programs.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.