The Accounts Analyst II assists the Finance Manager and department administration in achieving the financial goals of the department. These objectives are implemented into a viable accounting system. The Account Analyst will assist in preparing and tracking expenditures, perform financial reconciliations and participate in budget preparation and adherence. Will serve as primary liaison with the Central Business Office (CBO), Hospital Finance and Budget Office, University Medical Center Finance, and both MedStar and University Purchasing and Accounts Payable offices. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BA in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience with related processing of financial documents is required.
- Proven experience handling and prioritizing multiple projects and assignments.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification from AAPC is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.